Thursday, February 07, 2008

Viva Hillary




Hillary Clinton received 50% of the Democratic vote in Springfield and Barrack Obama received 47% of the Democratic vote in Springfield. The Hispanic vote, went to Hillary Clinton and the Afro-American vote went to Barrack Obama. As many political analyst have noted, the Democratic race has become an issue of race and gender. I find this unfortunate as I believe that we should vote for the person that you believe to be most qualified for the job. No, this doesn't mean that I will vote on the Democrat side !!!


I can't help to point out the stereotype that Hispanic males face in the U.S. We are often referred to as "Machistas", Chauvinist, etc.. yet, Hispanics including Hispanic males voted for Hillary. In the Hispanic culture family roles are traditionally well defined, We know what to expect from each other. I also argue, that in the US, including Massachusetts, conservatism is not dead.

No comments: